Finding Legislative Video with Leg.wa.gov and TVW
- Go to the Washington State Legislature’s website, leg.wa.gov
Click on the “Bill Information” link on the left side of the page.
- Enter your bill number in the search box and click “Search.” This will take you to your bill’s page.
- In the “Bill History” section of the bill page, look for notes about committee hearings (“Public Hearing” or “Executive Session”), floor debate, or bill signings. There will most likely be TVW coverage of these events. There is no TVW coverage of Rules Committee hearings.
- Note the date, time, and category of the event you’re looking for (for example, “House Education Committee on 2/2 at 1:30pm” or “Senate Floor Debate on Jan 20th”) and go to TVW’s main website, tvw.org
- Click on the “Menu” button in the upper left corner of the homepage.
- Either enter an event keyword in the “Search” box at the top, or click on “Archives.”
- In “Archives,” choose the event category and date from the pull down menu.
- On the event video page, scan through the video to find the start of your bill’s proceedings. Look at the lower third identification in the video to find your bill number. Note: some webcasts will not have lower third IDs and might take longer to find the start of your bill’s proceedings.